Work Experience

In my 18 years of life so far I have been working since I was about 10, what started as mowing lawns and shoveling snow for a little extra cash turned into me having my first real job by 12 when my parents opened a restaurant. At the time I hated it because what kid wants to work every day after school, but as I aged I realized the blessings those years had on my life, not only did I learn how to cook, I also learned how to run a kitchen, business, and customer relations. Like all good things though, it eventually ended, and after the restaurant I worked at Famous Footwear as a sales associate, technically I was also our “Lost Prevention” person. There I learned how to be a salesperson better and how to handle stolen merchandise situations. I was only at Famous Footwear for about 9 months until I realized it wasn’t for me, and just like clockwork, I ended up back in the kitchen. Directly after leaving Famous Footwear, I went to Maggie’s on the Waterfront Cafe, where I worked as a busser, food runner, barback, dishwasher, and expo. When I was initially hired I was under the impression that I would be an expo, but life isn’t that simple. It was at Maggie’s I learned to learn things quickly, manage a team, and how execute a plan effectively.