l Lake Harmony, Pennsylvania 18624 l RFlynn575@gmail.com
A dedicated manager with experience in large distribution centers. I have experience in operation startups, closings, and other sudden significant changes. I enjoy working with a hands-on management style to achieve success in distribution operations.
Policies & Procedures
Profit & Loss Responsibility
Warehouse Management Systems
Hands on Management Style
Microsoft Office Products
Staff Development & Training
Smart Warehousing, Allentown, Pennsylvania October 2015-Present Day
Regional Director; East Region May 2017–Present Day
As the Regional Director of the East Region, I have oversight of 10 warehousing locations totaling of 1.5 million square feet. The responsibilities included 10 direct reports with over 250 indirect reports operating warehousing locations and operational enhancement projects.
- Leadership of multi-site distribution centers servicing e-Commerce, less than truckload, and truckload warehousing operations.
- Manage Multi Site P&L of 20 million in annualized revenue.
- Direct client interaction and communications, owning the over 150+ customer relationships.
- Ownership of operational Standard Operating Procedures.
- Developed IT enhancement projects for operations and tracking deadlines to gain operational performance.
General Manager October 2015 – May 2016
As the General Manager of the Pennsylvania facilities, I had oversight of two multi-client warehousing operations totaling 200,000 square feet. The responsibilities included 2 direct reports with 35 indirect reports servicing pick pack direct to consumer, less than truckload, and truckload warehousing operations.
- Restructured warehouse roles to reduce staff and multiple shift operations.
- Implemented visual management and visual work instructions.
- Implemented facility team meetings for value added service.
- Restructured company team start up meetings to increase consistent communications across the company.
- Direct client interaction and communications, owning the over 60+ customer relationships.
- Started up new food grade 100,000 square foot facility in Bethlehem, PA in March of 2016.
- Preformed multiple ROI Studies to purchase assets for the operations.
Nestle Waters North America, Allentown, Pennsylvania March 2014-October 2015
As the Warehouse Resource I had responsibility 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, within a 300,000 square foot warehouse attached to a manufacturing facility. The responsibility’s covers four warehouse departments that include, Warehouse, Raw Material Handling, Fleet Shop Maintenance, and Warehouse Office Administration. There were direct responsibilities of 30 team members in which I coach and develop into lean continuous improvement problem solving.
- Developed space consolidation tool to share with warehouse team members to increase warehouse utilization.
- Developed productivity tracking tool to review daily, weekly, and monthly productivity with the team.
- Learned aspects of each warehouse position to create standard operating procedures for each role.
- Participated in the factory total performance management initiative being a member of the focused improvement problem solving pillar.
Kane Is Able, Scranton, Pennsylvania October 2004-March 2014
WMS Manager – Romeoville, Illinois July 2012-March 2014
As the WMS Manager I was responsible for the Red Prairie WMS system over two facilities. Each facility is about 750,000 square feet, one facility is the main distribution center shipping customer orders and the second facility ships to other inter-mill facilities.
- Implemented a new version of JDA/Red Prairie at both facilities in August 2013.
- Provided Sr. management multiple studies on product movement along with the financial impacts.
- Restructured the WMS in January 2013 to reduce indirect movements and reduce travel to increase productivity. This restructure, increased productivity by 5% and reduced indirect movements by 16%.
- Maintained 40,000 square foot case picking area with top moving case picked SKU’s.
Inventory Manager-Romeoville, Illinois March 2011-July 2012
I was assigned to the Romeoville, Illinois facility to change the culture of the facility to meet customer KPI’s along with improving our own company financial targets. This campus of two distribution centers totaling 1.5 million square feet was the second largest in North America for our customer Kimberly Clark. This campus would ship 10% of all North American volume producing 230 million in quarterly sales.
- Maintained 90-day cycle counts of 9,000 + bay locations with the JDA/Red Prairie Management System.
- Increased inventory accuracy in 1 month from 99.69% to 99.84%.
- Achieved green status in all inventory related customer KPI’s producing $250,000 in annual revenue.
- Produced $100,000 in savings within 3 months of being directly responsible for Logistics Coordinators.
- Successfully took part in rolling out a Pay for Performance Program and KPI Bonus Program to all hourly associates improving moral. This Pay for Performance Program increased productivity by 15% overall.
- Additional responsibilities were direct management of all Logistics Coordinators at both facilities.
Warehouse Supervisor-Pittston, Pennsylvania October 2006-March 2011
As the Warehouse Supervisor my responsibilities were leading a team of 20-25 team members within a 744,000 square foot facility for the distribution of paper products. This facility was fourth largest in North America for the customer Kimberly Clark, shipping 8 % of all North American volume producing 193 million in quarterly sales.
- Lead this operation in Pennsylvania and two others in an SAP start up starting in May 2010.
- Took part in rolling out an observation system to increase operator productivity by 10%.
- Took part in transitioning the facility from a location in Hazleton, Pennsylvania to its current location in Pittston, Pennsylvania located 40 miles away.
- Implemented a JDA/Red Prairie WMS start up at the facility.
- Met and exceeded customer KPI’s in safety, damage, inventory, order accuracy, carrier detention costs, and cubes per man hour.
- Supported WMS implementations such as direct loading from production lines and changing product velocity to reduce travel time and operational costs.
Lead Fork Lift Operator-Pittston, Pennsylvania October 2004-October 2006
Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Currently Attending
|Supply Chain Management|
Luzerne County Community College, Nanticoke, Pennsylvania 2007-2009
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.