Work Experience

Alma de Cuba

I currently work as a hostess at Alma de Cuba which is a Steven Starr Group restaurant. Some duties I am responsible for seating guests, making reservations, and plotting reservations for the evenings. At this position I was able to learn a lot about customer service because as a hostess, you are the first and last representation of the restaurant so many times guests will turn to you with their complaints as well as their acknowledgments of their experience.

Union League Golf Club of Philadelphia

Over the summer, I was a waitress at the Union League of Philadelphia. Some of my responsibilities included taking guests orders, serving customers’ food and communicating with other staff members. Something I learned from this position was being able to properly work in a team during fast-paced and high stress situations.

Central Perk

Before transferring to Temple, I attended the University of Delaware and I worked as a barista at a coffee shop called Central Perk. I was responsible for taking customers orders, transferring them into the computer system and preparing detailed coffee and smoothie orders.