MICHAEL K. KAMUMBU
637 N 5TH Street www.linkedin.com/in/kamumbu firstname.lastname@example.org
Lebanon, PA 17046 Cell: (717) 383-6631
Temple University, College of Liberal Arts, Philadelphia, PA
Bachelor of Arts, Graduation: Spring 2019
Major: Economics | Minor: Business Analytics | Certificate: Political Economy
ACTIVITIES & AWARDS_________________________________________________________________________________________
Temple Economics Society, Temple University
- Member: January 2017 – Present
Harrisburg Area Community College, Lebanon, PA
- Community Service Award: May 2015
Lebanon Valley Volunteers in Medicine, Lebanon, PA
Volunteer, Patient Support: January 2015 – August 2015
- Dedicated 8 hours a week for administrative duties at the clinic, including filing medical records for patients, setting up appointments, faxing and receiving medical records, general cleaning.
Lebanon Valley Bicycle Coalition, Lebanon, PA
Bicycle Training Rodeo & Healthy Kids Day: 2015 & 2016
- Collaborated with Lebanon City Police to educate a group of roughly 80 children and youth about the benefits of bicycling and how to do it safely.
Community HIV/AIDS Educator, Kikuyu, Kenya
Certified Community HIV/AIDS Educator: December 2004 – August 2011
- Went door-to-door educating the local community on the prevalence of HIV/AIDS, dangers and complications of HIV/AIDS, preventative measures against HIV/AIDS, home based care, proper diet and available remedies for people with HIV/AIDS.
CVS PHARMACY, Lebanon, PA
Pharmacy Technician December 2015 – January 2019
- Follow Federal guidelines to research and resolve dosage conflicts, insurance issues and other matters to ensure patient safety and wellness.
- Swiftly and correctly calculate dosages, dispense medications, prepare prescription labels and fill an average of 300 prescriptions daily for approval by pharmacists.
- Use the pharmacy’s proprietary computer program to access prescription information including patient and prescriber data, drug selection, prescription interpretation and insurance billing.
PRINCETON STRATEGIES, Philadelphia, PA
Political Consulting Intern August 2017 – December 2017
- Assisted the chief of fundraising in tracking and reconciling all amounts raised at events.
- Conducted general research and created data profiles on potential donors.
- Assisted in organizing at least two political events every month.
HARRISBURG AREA COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Lebanon, PA
Library Assistant January 2015 – August 2015
- Taught first-time users how to browse the library catalog using the Library of Congress system; assisted with locating books on the shelves.
- Assisted in checking in and checking out books to a community of 1,000 students and faculty.
- Performed clerical services such as making and answering phone calls, sorting mail, filing, photocopying and mailing out material.
- Called patrons regarding overdue materials, holds, or other account issues.
- Operated the automated circulation system and respond to account inquiries.
TURKEY HILL MINIT MARKET (KROGER CO.), Lebanon, PA
Store Associate/Cashier August 2014 – August 2015
- Assisted an average of 50 customers per day by responding to inquiries and finding products.
- Built customer loyalty through exceptional customer service and an engaging in-store experience.
- Reconciled the nightly cash register and made nightly deposits.
EXEL EDC III (DC), Palmyra, PA
Lift Truck Operator May 2013 – June 2014
- Pulled and packaged large volume of shipments daily and recorded weight; compiled and organized documentation for management.
- Achieved exceptional levels of customer satisfaction through timely, accurate processing and shipping of orders.
Production Line Lead February 2012 – June 2012
- Managed a team of 6 production line workers ensuring that safety always came first.
- Managed, organized, and retrieved stock in the warehouse inventory and requested new orders.
- Observed machinery during the production process, diagnosed issues and recorded the issues in the machine log.
- Dismantled and fixed simple equipment problems and replaced parts and conveyor belts.
INGRAM MICRO INC., Jonestown, PA
Shipper July 2012 – December 2012
- Prepared and processed a wide variety of shipments coming into the building by vendors, customers, or other warehouses accurately and promptly.
- Coordinated warehouse operations to support internal and external customers.
- Utilized computers to track shipments and inventory.
DAKAR ENGINEERING WORKS LIMITED, Nairobi, Kenya.
Site Clerk February 2008 – August 2011
- Joined the company at inception with 2 permanent employees and 6 temporary employees and was part of the team that grew the company to 30+ permanent employees.
- Conducted on-site observations and spot-checks of work in progress and provided a weekly report collected from the site, including inspections, progress and safety concerns.
- Managed on-site supplies inventory and identified and marked safe passages at the construction site.
- Ensured that all building codes, rules and regulations were followed as set out by the law.
- Handled weekly payroll activities for 30+ employees.
SKILLS & LANGUAGES_________________________________________________________________________________________
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluent in Swahili
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.