One of my main interests is music. In high school, I played bass in many of my school’s ensembles, including jazz band, orchestra, wind ensemble, pit band and chamber strings. I continued this interest in college through participation in the Temple University OWLchestra my first semester at Temple.

Another of my interests is community service. I was President of my high school’s Key Club, which inspired a love of community service which I have continued to develop in college through my role of Vice President of Community Affairs in Gamma Iota Sigma, raising over $15,000 per year for charity, and as a participant in the Temple Honors Appalachia Program, building and restoring homes of impoverished families in the Appalachia Region.

One Response to My Interests

• Hi Emma! I completely agree that it is imperative to give back to one’s community! Individuals often benefit a great deal from their communities. As such, it is so important to make sure to show appreciation for one’s community by volunteering. I wish you luck in your charity efforts in Gamma Iota Sigma this year!