Work Experience

I’ve worked at two different internships in New York City since the start of college two years ago. The first one I worked at and have worked at various point is Chatham Imports Inc,. Chatham Imports is a private alcohol producer and commercial distributor. At Chatham I worked primarily as an intern in the legal and accounting departments.  With accounting I organized and sent invoices for company purchase orders. Using FIFO and LIFO I calculated cost of goods sold and ending inventory of their sales. My second internship was at Bluerock Real Estate over the summer of 2018. At Bluerock I worked with their REIT (Real Estate Investment Trust) and their mutual fund. With the REIT I was often assigned to review some of the recently purchased property deals and price compare the multifamily unit properties that Bluerock owns to others in the same region. Working with the mutual fund provided a bigger learning curve than other tasks in my internship because I went into it not knowing anything about what a mutual fund was at the time. I spent a lot of time researching mutual funds to apply new knowledge to given tasks. Part of the internship involved me evaluating investment securities the fund had made in the 2018 year.